A female prison guard has been charged with rape after having sex with a male inmate at a maximum-security state prison in the Hudson Valley, Fox News 5 New York reports.
State police say that Tyshinia Love Brewster was in a sexual relationship with an inmate at Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill. She has been employed there for 7 1/2 years. Brewster, 39, of Poughkeepsie was arrested at her home on Wednesday. She also faces an official misconduct charge in addition to the rape charge.
Police say that Brewster and the inmate–who has not been named–would meet in the cell where he was housed during her shift assignment. The two have allegedly been intimate since 2010. The inmate, who was imprisoned as a result of a felony conviction out of New York City, has been transferred to another prison. Police say Brewster is six months pregnant with the inmate’s baby.
She is currently free on bond. Brewster’s arrest marks the second time this month a prison guard out of New York State has been accused of sleeping with an inmate.
Nancy Gonzalez, a prison guard at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, was arrested earlier this month on charges that she intentionally got pregnant by Ronell Wilson, a convicted cop killer. She became pregnant with his child soon after the affair started. Wilson reportedly wanted to get Gonzalez pregnant to avoid the death penalty for his crimes.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- UC Raises A Billion Dollars for Scholarship Programs
- Local Nun Under Investigation for Alleged Voter Fraud
- Chief James Craig: I’m Happy with My Job in Cincinnati
- Dayton Worker Fired from Job Because She Voted for Obama
- President To Speak At U.S. Capitol Unveiling Of Rosa Parks Statue
- Pregnant Texas Teen Sues Parents Trying To Force Abortion, Wins Right To Keep Baby [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday To Actor, Director Sidney Poitier