A 20-year-old Florida man was arrested Sunday after his mother called the police and said her son admitted to killing his girlfriend, WESH-TV reports.
Law enforcement officials said Khambrel Hadley, of DeLand, Fla., made the admission Friday. The 19-year-old victim, Alyssa Oakes, was found dead in a wooded area in Sorrento on Saturday. The cops captured Hadley in Orlando after a short foot chase. He is being held at Orange County Jail on second-degree murder charges and resisting arrest without violence. Hadley is also charged with stealing a car from the Hunters Creek Apartments.
The couple moved to the apartment complex two weeks ago. When officers went to their apartment, they found what they say was a homicide scene.
Authorities are not saying what the cause of death was and the motive behind the murder is unknown. But neighbors of the couple say the pair were constantly arguing.
“(Alyssa’s) parents came out here from time to time when they got into arguments, a woman told WESH-TV. A spokesperson for the apartment complex told WFTV-9 that the police were called to the couple’s residence to respond to a domestic violence call.
The investigation into Oakes’ murder first began when a man from the Hunters Creek Apartments reported his car stolen. The man, who did not want to be identified, said he was hanging out with Hadley Thursday night and noticed that his car and keys were missing.
“I felt pretty violated,” the man said. “That could have been me in the back of my own car.”
Hadley is expected to be moved to the Volusia County Jail at some point to face the charges on the car theft.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
· Recent Updates
- President Honors Baseball’s Negro League During White House Gathering
- Donald Trump: If Dems Can Say Cracker, GOP Should Be Able To Say N-Word
- Expert: Black Unemployment Rate For Adults, Youth Still High
- Cleveland Man Shot While Trying to Prevent Friend from Getting DUI
- There’s a Florida Summer Camp Based on “The Hunger Games”
- Harper Lee: “To Kill A Mockingbird” Author A Victim Of Elder Abuse
- 11-Year-Old Indian Girl Set On Fire And Murdered For Resisting Sexual Assault