Via Global Grind
Police in Slaughter, Louisiana are reporting that an 8-year-old shot and killed his elderly caregiver after playing the violent video game, Grand Theft Auto.
The child shot Marie Smothers in the head with her own gun as she was watching television. She was almost 90-years-old.
“Although a motive for the shooting is unknown at this time, investigators have learned that the juvenile suspect was playing a video game on the Play Station III “Grand Theft Auto IV”, a realistic game that has been associated with encouraging violence and awards points to players for killing people, just minutes before the homicide occurred,” said a statement issued by the Sheriff’s Office.
The boy, whose identity will not be revealed due to his age, was released to his parents and will not be charged with a crime, despite evidence that the shooting was intentional. The child initially told investigators that the shooting was an accident.
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- A New School Year Begins at U.C.
- Former Ohio Governor and City Councilman Dies at 92
- Recapping The National Action Network’s ‘Realize The Dream’ March In DC [VIDEO]
- Mike Tyson: ‘I’m On The Verge Of Dying’ [VIDEO]
- Paula Deen Shoots Trayvon Martin In New SVU Episode
- ‘Realize The Dream’ March On Washington A Necessary Step [VIDEO]