In the town of Longmont, 31 miles north of Denver, Colo., a family is mourning the loss of their 18-year-old daughter after a close family friend shot and killed her. Premila Lal (pictured) died Friday night after being shot by 21-year-old –all the result of a prank that went awry.
Police say that Galley and Premila’s 15-year-old brother were in a family house at 2531 Cambridge Drive, when Premila and a 12-year-old cousin decided to sneak into the Galley home to scare the pair inside.
However, Galley thought an intruder had entered the home, prompting him to give Premila’s brother a gun and seach the premises. After discovering noises coming from a closet, Galley opened fire. Tragically, the noisea were coming from Premila and her cousin.
“It was a prank that went bad,” said father Praveen Lal to the Longmont Times-Call “It is a kids’ prank that went fatal.”
Lal also said Galley carried his daughter to the operating table, and told her father that he never wants to touch a gun again. Premila, a track star at Niwot High School, was college bound and served as a mentor to Galley.
Galley was arrested on suspicion of providing a firearm to a juvenile, child abuse and reckless endangerment. He has not been arrested on suspicion of any charges directly related to the shooting as of yet.
The Lal family has shown considerable forgiveness towards Galley and say they realize the killing was a mistake. “He is like an older son to me,” Lal said. “He has got a life sentence already.”
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Local Man Faces Charges After Crawling into Women’s Bathroom Stall
- Michael Jordan’s Daughter Confirms Her Sexuality
- 911 Dispatcher’s Slow Reaction Leaves Woman Dead
- Did He Go Too Far? Gospel Singer Remakes R. Kelly’s ‘Bump And Grind!’
- Done Deal: Shellie Files For Divorce From George Zimmerman
- Monica Brown Gives Birth & Shares First Baby Photo Of Laiyah!
- Former President Clinton Explains, Defends Affordable Care Act