There’s no denying that President Barack Obama‘s Affordable Care Act has been met with resistance from the right. However, Dr. Ben Carson has taken an extreme view — the neurosurgeon believes that the healthcare initiative is the worst thing since slavery. U.S. House of Representatives Assistant Democratic Leader James Clyburn completely disagreed, and aired his views on “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin:
“I think that Dr. Carson is trying to find a way to endear himself to conservative voters. He has declared himself a candidate for President… That is the kind of manufactured controversy that has been engulfing this country for a long long time and I’m very disappointed…”
Hear the rest of Clyburn’s segment below. Be sure to tune in to “NewsOne Now” with Roland Martin weekdays at 10 am for more!
Like The Buzz 1230 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Dr. Ben Carson: Obamacare Is Worse Than Slavery
- Local Man Goes To Prison For Altering Posts on Conservative Website
- Why do 3,000 Hamilton County Early Voters Have to Vote Again?
- ‘Hut Hut’ Football Song Draws Criticism
- Toddler Son of NFL’s Adrian Peterson Dies
- Domestic Violence Survivor Helps Abused Women Regain Their Voice
- Search For Missing Child Enters Day Four