Friday’s “NewsOne Now” panelists, Julianne Malveaux and Angela Rye, told Roland Martin that the Democrats who rejected Debo Agdebile’s nomination to the DOJ’s Civil Right’s Division for representing Mumia Abu-Jamal don’t value the Constitutional right to counsel. Martin also used the segment to name the senators who cast no votes.
The Senate Democrats who opposed the nominee were: Christopher A. Coons (Del.), Robert P. Casey Jr. (Pa.), Mark Pryor (Ark.), Heidi Heitkamp (N.D.), Joe Manchin III (W.Va.), Joe Donnelly (Ind.) and John Walsh (Mont.)
Here are the phone numbers Martin shared:
- Manchin - (202) 224-3954
- Heitkamp - (202) 224-2043
- Joe Donnelly - (202) 224-4814
- Bob Casey - (202) 224-6324
- Chris Coons - (202) 224-5042
- Mark Pryor - (202) 224-2353
- John Walsh - (202) 224-2651
Listen to the full conversation below.