Oprah Winfrey is feeling like she was disrespected by the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin for granting Wendy Williams the first interview since her surgery. Sources say while Oprah, 57, gives Wendy, 46, credits for snagging the much-coveted sit-down with Aretha, she’s still “steaming,” and feels that Wendy’s show is “a long way” from hers, and criticizing it for being “silly and gossipy.”
“Oprah is about as angry as can be,” said an insider.
“This is the final season of her show, and she’s been pushing to land all the big ‘gets’ out there. Oprah is embarrassed that Aretha – a legend – chose Wendy, who is a relative newcomer in the TV talk show world.”
“Oprah was not going to keep the whole interview on the illness, which she knows Aretha is reluctant to fully discuss,” said the source.
“She was going to get Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy, the founder of Motown Records, for a touching tribute. But instead, Aretha chose Wendy – and Oprah is NOT happy!”
- Illinois Gov To End Death Penalty After Speaking To Desmond Tutu
- Chrisette Michele Invades Cincinnati for a Night of Soul
- Black NYC Murder Rate Jumps 31%, 8 Of 10 Had Black Killers
- Let Faith Unite Us Not Divide Us
- 2011 Macy’s Music Festival Lineup Revealed